Overview: Current processes are reviewed and refined. New processes are determined where necessary. A high level outline of new procedures and processes is drafted. Processes and policies are aligned with the organization.
Considerations: Processes, procedures, and policies have a major impact on organizational effectiveness. Therefore, it is important to make sure the processes and organization work together. Use a combination of Human Resource experts, systems experts, and functional experts to help in this task.
- Review current processes.
- Identify processes for improvement.
- Get a Subject Matter Expert to help with content of procedures.
- Identify what the final outcome of the process is.
- Identify the first and last steps associated with the process.
- List all major steps required to complete the process (assume no exceptions occur).
- List steps that have potential exceptions and their resolution.
- Document and publish the process.